Teletalk Bangladesh Limited is a public limited company, registered under the Registrar of the Joint stock companies of Bangladesh. Total shares owned by the Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh.
We continue to grow and engage our customers through our clear commitment to offering high quality products and services as well as leading customer retention and loyalty programmers. Teletalk continues to be a part of the revolution that’s connecting millions of Bangladeshi people and around the world.
Teletalk Bangladesh limited was established keeping a specific role in mind. Teletalk has forged ahead and strengthened its path over the years and achieved some feats truly to be proud of, as the only Bangladeshi mobile operator and the only operator with 100% native technical and engineering human resource base, Teletalk thrives to become the true people’s phone – “Amader Phone”.
Basic objectives for which the Company was formed are highlighted here under
- To provide mobile telephone service to the people from the public sector
- To ensure fair competition between public and private sectors and thereby to safeguard public interest
- To meet a portion of unmitigated high demand of mobile telephone
- To create a new source of revenue for the government.
Incorporation of Teletalk
Teletalk Bangladesh Limited (the “Company”) was incorporated on 26 December, 2004 as a public limited company under the Companies Act, 1994 with an authorized capital of Tk.20,000,000,000 being the only government sponsored mobile telephone company in the country. On the same day the Company obtained Certificate of Commencement of Business.
Company’s Network Expansion
Teletalk Bangladesh Limited has continually expanded its network, to better accommodate its growing customer base as well as to keep the promise of providing better service. As of now, Teletalk has already established its network foothold in 64 Districts, 402 Upazilas, and most of the highways. Teletalk is continuing its network expansion to reach more corners of Bangladesh.
Scope to be explored
m-Governance is derived from e-governance refers to government’s use of information and communication technology to exchange information and services with citizens, businesses, and other arms of government. Teletalk is ready to provide with the help of third party software, mobile interactivity for the citizens of Bangladesh with m-Governance. This may includes, but not limited to
- Mobile based Live Citizen Reporting Solution
- Mobile User Info bank (Database of Mobile Users of Bangladesh)
- Agriculture information services for the farmers and also for the end users, like product price in different parts of the country.
- Product ID for all consumer products/ Organization.
- Interactivity between Government and the Citizens.
Possible departments who will be directly benefited from the above services are
- Rapid Action Battalion
- Fire Service
- Agriculture Department.
- Election Commission
- Health Services.
Mission & Vision
To innovate and constantly find new ways to enhance our services to our customer’s current needs and desires for the future. Our vision is to know our customers and meet their needs better than any one else.